Friday 12 August 2011

Thing 10 - Graduate traineeships. Masters Degrees, Chartership and Accreditation

Hmm... So this Thing explores how I got to where I am (I'm currently working on a Digitisation Project at the National Library of Wales) and what made me decide on the librarianship route. As this is what I talked about during the New Professionals slot at the Gregynog Colloquium this year I decided the best thing to do was to put the presentation here as it explains the various options I took.

These options included my "unofficial" Graduate Trainee year which I put together myself, and included working in a Public Library (for free until they offered me a job) and a couple of months at Swansea University Library (again for free). And what my options are for the future. Which includes Chartership, which I'll do as soon as I find a mentor (finding a Welsh speaking Mentor is more difficult than I imagined considering that I live and work in Wales). I don't suppose anybody wants to mentor me do they? Please?



4 comments:

Marie Lancaster said... Best Blogger Tips

Really interesting Nia, good luck finding a Welsh speaking mentor!

Helen Ceridwen said... Best Blogger Tips

Looks as if I really ought to do the mentor training at some point - I know there is a death of Welsh-speaking mentors! Pob lwc!

Helen Ceridwen said... Best Blogger Tips

P.S. dearth not death, of course!

Llyfrgellydd Cymraeg said... Best Blogger Tips

@Helen Ceridwen

Go on do it! Then you can Mentor me!